Zoysia Grass Plugs
Zoysia Grass Plugs
Zoysia is a medium to fine textured warm-season grass. Zoysia portrays a cool season grass look but has improved heat and drought tolerance. This grass also stands up to foot traffic with a dense layer of fine, soft blades, making it the perfect choice for home entertainment.
3"-5" Inch Mow
- Requires a minimum of 6-hour-8-hours of sunlight per day
- Easy to install for repair or improvement of your existing lawn, SodPods are also used for planting new lawns
- Zoysia is a fine blade, dense turf which absorbs impact, tolerates wear and resists weeds
- Especially created for family outings and backyard picnics, this grass welcomes a variety of activities without showing extensive wear and tear
- Natural and shipped fresh from the farm, each pod has been carefully nurtured to have a fully developed root system, just like your lawn
- Established roots mean less water and maximum success
- Endless possibilities – SodPods are perfectly rooted for creating something new
- Great for the environment, SodPods generate oxygen and provide a safe play area for your loved ones
- SodPods comes from a family-owned and operated farm
1 tray covers approximately 34 sq. ft.
10 trays cover approximately 450 sq.ft.
20 trays cover approximately 900 sq.ft.
Plugs should be between 6 - 12 inches apart and take 3 - 4 months under ideal conditions for full coverage to be attained.
Each tray includes 16 plugs.
Due to lengthy delivery times and restrictions, we do not ship plugs to Arizona, California, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Nevada, or Utah.
Shipment of plugs is cut off by Wednesday during the week unless in Florida.
Zoysia performs best in full sun.
Zoysia should be mowed at 1 to 2 inches.
Water thoroughly immediately after planting. Keeping the soil moist is the key to Sod Pod success, we recommend at least 6” to 8” deep. Continue watering every day for 10-20 days until the pods are rooted. Once runners appear, decrease watering to one inch, twice per week. Adjust watering with rainfall amount.
- Fungicide: Apply if needed. You may benefit from it if the Zoysia is in the shade or has had trouble with disease in the past. First application should be 24 - 48 hours after first watering.
- Insecticide: Apply if needed, follow label directions. Treat with broad spectrum insecticide if needed.
- Preemergent Herbicide: Stop weeds from popping up by applying a preemergent herbicide. Follow label directions and wear proper protection equipment. Create a consistent blanket application.
- Fertilize: Give your Sod Pods a boost with fertilizer, follow label directions.