MaxQ II Texoma Forage Tall Fescue Grass Seed - 25 lbs.
MaxQ II Tall Fescue Perennial Grass
• Produces no toxins - proven safe for all classes of grazing animals including pregnant mares
• Provides abundant forage throughout the fall months into spring and early summer for all classes of grazing livestock including cattle, sheep and horses.
• High quality, palatable forage - crude protein levels of 15-16% or more and total digestible nutrient content of 60% or higher with proper soil fertility and good management.
• Persists like toxic tall fescue varieties
• Provides significantly higher animal gains and conception rates compared to toxic fescue
• Promotes better overall health – no fescue foot; no long hair coats; no sale barn discounts
RATE: 15- 20 lbs/acre in a prepared seedbed or 20-25 lbs/acre sod-seeded in stubble.
DEPTH: 1/4" to 1/2". Planting too deep can result in poor stand emergence.
DATE: Southern and Southeastern states: Sept.15 to Nov.1 South Central U.S.: Oct. 1 to Nov. 15 Mid-South, Midwest and Northeastern states: Aug. 15 to Oct. 1 or spring planted in March and April.
FERTILIZATION: Lime to a pH of 6.0 - 6.5. Apply phosphorus and potassium according to soil tests. Use 25 - 35 lbs./A starter nitrogen.