Naked Oats Seed - 1 Lb.
What are Naked Oats?
Naked Oats are a high quality Oat that looses their husk naturally during the normal harvesting and threshing process. Because the husk is discarded, you are left with nothing but the highly nutritious oat kernel giving you all the natural goodness of oats and much more. This crop has not been cultivated widely in Ireland because of its lower yield vs standard commercial oat crops. However we have paid a premium for them & encouraged our best oat growers to produce them for inclusion in Nugget Calf & Lamb rations.
Nutritional benefitsHigh Oil content leads to much higher level of unsaturated fats than any other cereal. In particular, the very high linoleic acid content (33-46% of total Fatty Acids) makes it a particularly healthy food for humans
- Total fibre and digestible fibre content is high, making Naked Oats a very healthy food
- High content of natural anti oxidants very useful against heart disease
- Lower starch levels shown to have reduced toxicity for celiac patients
- Protein content (16- 20%) and quality of protein excellent (very high globulin fraction)
- Human Food; Breakfast cereals, Pasta, Specialist Health foods, Food ingredients
- Horse Feed; Excellent nutrient dense feed for horses they respond very well to the lower starch and higher oil contents. Better than conventional oats for performing horses.
- Farm Animals; Excellent feedstuff for ruminant, particularly young calves and sheep because of its unique combination of high energy density, with high digestible fibre. Naked Oats has a higher level of the essential amino acids lysine, methionine and cysteine compared to either wheat or barley, making it particularly useful in pig diets.