Rackmaster Trophy Radish Food Plot Seed - 5 Lbs
- Deer readily eat top growth and the root
- High yielding and highly preferred by deer
- Improve soil tilth and fertility
- Protein ranging from 20% to 43%
- Over 5000 lbs/ac production in tops and over 2000lbs/ac in roots
- Plant anywhere 30 days before 1st frost
Fall Planting: Aug. 15 - Nov. 1 - ideal planting to occur about 30 days before 1st frost.
Planting Depth: 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch drill or broadcast good seed to soil contact is important.
Planting Rate: 10 lbs./1 acre or 5 lbs./1 acre if used in a mixture.
Planting Method: Prepare a smooth, firm seedbed by plowing and dragging the soil. This will remove all vegetation and debris from the site, thus eliminating competition. Fertilizer and lime can be applied during this step so it can be worked into the soil. Broadcast the seed at the recommended rate evenly across the area and use a light drag or cultipacker to cover the seed. Making good seed/soil contact is the key to establishing a productive food plot.
Soil Test: Apply lime according to soil test recommendations to maintain a 6.0 to 7.0 pH.
Fertility: Apply 200 lbs. of a balanced fertilizer at planting and again at mid season to increase its attractiveness and growth potential.