Red River Crabgrass Seed - 5 Lbs.
Red River Crabgrass SeedRed River is an improved crabgrass that thrives during the hot, dry months. Best known for its ability to spread and regrow after grazing, this prolific reseeder was one of the first forage type crabgrass varieties developed.
Crabgrass is a high quality, high yielding summer annual forage that is excellent for grazing and haying. Red River Crabgrass can grow to around 3 ft. high, and produces enough seed for volunteer re-establishment.
This variety of crabgrass produces a highly digestible forage (up to 73% NDFd) and high crude protein content (25-30% early season; 15-20% mid-summer; 10% late season). Areas of adaption extend from Nebraska, south and east to the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. Great for revitalizing summer pastures.
- Drought tolerant
- Good summer production
- High quality summer forage to recharge pastures
- Easy doublecropping with cool season annual grasses and legumes.
- Self-reseeding if allowed to go to seed
- Coated or Raw: Raw
- Ideal pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- Inoculant Needed: No
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Overseeding Rate: 3 lbs. per acre
- Seeding Depth: 1/4 inch
- Seeding Rate: 6 lbs. per acre
- When to Plant: Spring, Summer & Early Fall