- High resistance to Phytophthora
- High resistance to Fusarium Wilt
- High resistance to Blue, Spotted and Pea Aphids
- High resistance to Southern Root Knot Nematodes, Ideal for growers with cotton and tomato rotations
Disease resistance to Phytophthora
and other diseases can break down in the presence of aphids and
nematodes. Varieties without resistance to these pests can have high
disease resistance ratings but fail in the field because aphids and
nematodes vector diseases past their bred-in resistance barriers.
Insects and nematodes that break the surface of leaves and roots can
break down other varieties' disease resistance resulting in lower
quality and yield. Count on the broad spectrum resistance of AmeriStand
802 for longer lasting stands, better quality and higher yield
- Unique resistance to Southwestern crown rot complex
Southwestern crown rot is the result of several diseases including Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Stagnospora.
Working together, these diseases reduce yield, quality and stand life.
America's Alfalfa is one of the few research companies making field
selections to improve resistance to this disease complex. Growers who
have planted varieties like 13R Supreme know the difference this extra
protection can make in terms of increased yield over a longer stand